Howard Hanna Real Estate Services
Miriam has been a full time real estate professional since 1986. She has helped over a thousand people purchase and sell their homes in Ann Arbor and the surrounding communities of Dexter, Saline, Chelsea, Ypsilanti, Milan, Plymouth, Canton, Whitmore Lake, Pinckney, Brighton and Livonia.
She works with both Buyers (as a designated Buyer’s Agent) and Sellers (as a designated Seller’s Agent). By understanding both Seller’s and Buyer’s perspective, she has an excellent understanding of what is happening in the market place. 95% of her business is based on personal referrals and repeat clients.
Her success is based on her extensive knowledge of the market in Washtenaw County and the surrounding communities. She has a background in fine arts and uses her creativity in selling. (e.g. staging her Seller’s homes, designing beautiful and informative marketing materials, helping Buyer’s visualize the potential in homes that they view, finding unique and creative solutions to finalize a sale so that her clients can purchase or sell their homes).
Her clients get first class treatment. This often includes picnic lunches for buyers and helping update and decorate a home before it is placed on the market in order to get the best price. She treats her clients as if they were members of her family.
Miriam is available 7 days a week and her clients know that she wants to hear from them. She does not have a “Team” because she knows that no one else can care about her clients as much as she does. She truly loves her job and that is reflected in her professional work ethic.
- Realtor with the same company since 1986 (Edward Surovell merged with Howard Hanna in 2012)
- Graduate of the Realtor Institute (GRI designation) & Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR designation)
- Recipient of the National Sales Excellence Award (only 5% of Realtors in the North America qualify for this award)
- Bachelors and Masters Degrees; worked as an elementary school teacher for 7 years
- Resident of Washtenaw County since 1984; has lived in New York, New Jersey & Missouri
- Nominated for Realtor of the Year 2012 (Ann Arbor Area Board of Realtors)
- Received National Sales Excellence Award from The Realty Alliance
- Chaired the Equal Housing Opportunity Committee of the Ann Arbor Area Board of Realtors
- Volunteers at the University of Michigan as a Patient Family Centered Care Advisor
- Was on M-Care’s Board of Directors for 9 years
- Was a Docent at the St. Louis Art Museum; Volunteered for Motor Meals
- Has traveled to Europe, South America, Mexico and the Middle East
- Studied painting for 8 years with Hughie Lee-Smith and Mel Leipzig; Studied Tai Chi for 7 years